13.9.10

Cream Corn Ale

I'm not so sure where the cream part comes into play, but the name sounded good to me. When I was dreaming this brew up, I was thinking of something that imparted a bit of creaminess (hopefully carbonation will help with that). Perhaps next time I brew this I will use some lactose sugar instead of corn sugar as an adjunct to try and impart a brief, but definite Creaminess to the beer. Regardless, here is the recipe:

Creamy Corn Ale
Brewer: Scottieie Email: -
Beer: Creamy Corn Ale Style: Cream Ale
Type: Extract w/grain Size: 5 gallons
Color:
7 HCU (~6 SRM)
Bitterness: 23 IBU
OG: 1.056 FG: 1.010
Alcohol: 6.0% v/v (4.7% w/w)
Grain: 8 oz. American 2-row

1 lb. Flaked corn
Boil: minutes SG 1.094 3 gallons
6 lb. Light malt extract


1 lb. Corn sugar
Hops: .5 oz. Cascade (6% AA, 60 min.)

.25 oz. Northern Brewer (8.5% AA, 60 min.)

.5 oz. Cascade (6% AA, 30 min.)

.25 oz. Northern Brewer (8.5% AA, 30 min.)





Spreadsheet was generated by The Beer Recipator.

No comments:

Post a Comment