31.1.10

Racked the Big Honkin' Stout and the Scott's Pale Ale Last Night Too....

Quick note here, after bottling the Hefe', I shifted my other two projects into secondary fermentation vessels. I also took gravity readings on them as well.

The Big Honkin' Stout, originally weighing in at 1.072 is now at 1.020 after just 8 days in the primary. That would be about 7.3% A/V, which is my biggest beer to date. I have shifted it over to the secondary fermentation vessel for a full month of secondary fermentation yeast love in.

The SPA was also moved over into secondary and it has gone from 1.062 to 1.010, which consequently is also 7.3% A/V. Another big beer, only this one started off a bit smaller than the BHStout and has dried up a bit more sugar and turned it into alcohol.

More on these brews come bottling day. Scott's Pale Ale was only racked to clean it up a bit. There really isn't any more fermentation I wanted out of the beer, now just clarity. The BHStout is in for at least a month as it sweats out the sweet some more. I am hoping it arrives somewhere around 1.014, which will be a very rich beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment