10.1.10

Scott's Light & Hoppy Pale Ale - Reloaded

As you may or may not know, I like to brew beer. I have been brewing for just under 1 year and now that I feel like I am pretty decent brewer. I am an extract brewer meaning that I don't brew with all grain as I don't have the equipment. Most of my batches do have some grain in the brew, but not all of them. This recipe is an example of one that doesn't have any grain in the process.

I am going to start experimenting a bit with some recipes. Thus far I have one under my belt, what I dubbed the Really Light Pale Ale. What I intended with that batch was to create a light and hoppy pale ale through the use of some Rice Sugar in the recipe. You can read all about the old recipe in the link above, but to work towards perfecting that beer, I am going to try and up the gravity a bit on it, by using 6 lbs. of Pilsen Malt Syrup and 2 lbs. of rice syrup solids. I also intend on upping the bitterness, but am very interested in dry hopping 1 oz. of hops in this recipe to get the flowery aroma one gets when dry hopping depending on the type of hops.

Calculations were done using the Beer Recipator, found here.




Scott's Light & Simple Hoppy Pale Ale



Brewer: Scottieie Email: -
Beer: Scott's Light & Simple Hoppy Pale Ale Style: American Pale Ale
Type: Extract Size: 5 gallons
Color:
7 HCU (~6 SRM)
Bitterness: 41 IBU
OG: 1.058 FG: 1.011
Alcohol: 6.1% v/v (4.8% w/w)
Boil: minutes SG 1.097 3 gallons
6 lb. Light malt extract

2 lb. Rice extract
Hops: 2 oz. Styrian Goldings (5.5% AA, 60 min.)

1 oz. Styrian Goldings (5.5% AA, 30 min.)

1 oz. Styrian Goldings (5.5% AA, 15 min.)

1 oz. Styrian Goldings (aroma)


I will keep everyone posted as to the results of the brew after I brew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment